Junior Buyer/Buyer (Maternity Cover)
We are looking for an experienced Buyer to work with our current team to help develop and expand The Couture Club further. The ideal candidate is someone who can add innovative ideas, experience and enthusiasm into the mix.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Ensure relevant trends are translated into product range at speed to reflect the brand and customer.
- Carrying out online comparative shopping to develop and maintain knowledge of the current competitive marketplace.
- Review the marketplace, work with design, QA and supplier base to develop new products that meet anticipated demand of customer base and produce and innovative and profitable product range.
- Provide a high degree of input into product and competitor activity.
- Monitor and maintain stock as per KPI's set and manage the OTB accordingly.
- Maintain and Manage all aspects of the critical path with the team to ensure deadlines for key dates and events are achieved.
- Build and maintain good relationships with supply base.
- Supporting the team with day to day purchasing activities as required
- Negotiating pricing and terms with suppliers as required
- Expediting deliveries with a wide range of suppliers
- Answering procurement queries and resolving day to day issues across the Supply Chain
- Working to drive improvements in procurement processes and supplier performance
- Attend and communicate key information in trade meetings to maintain a good overall trading of the categories.
- Generate ideas to impact the business in reference to promotions and markdowns.
- Report and effectively communicate all key information to Head of Department.
- Liaise with the marketing and ecommerce teams to develop and maintain sales so they are maximised through the site and in line with the overall strategy.
- Work closely and maintain strong relationships with Merchandising and Design teams to develop a trend led product range overseen by the Head of Department.
- Work closely with wholesale partners, attending meetings, creating line sheets and range plans.
- Willing to travel as and when required by the business.
- Strong, proven retail experience a must. 2+ years’ experience in a Buying role is required.
- You will also preferably have buying experience within an fast fashion e-commerce environment.
- Commercially astute decision maker with the ability to communicate across levels of business.
- Able to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Confident in ability to manage, motivate and work effectively within a small team.
- Highly numerate, analytical with a well-developed commercial and business acumen.
- Have a good understanding of the fashion industry.
- Have strong IT skills including Excel.
- Able to multi-task and be highly efficient.